Demi Lovato has been a inspiration while on the road to recovery, but in her candid 'Stay Strong' MTV special, the 19-year-old admits that things haven't been easy since leaving her treatment facility.

"I cannot tell you that I have not thrown up since treatment," she said in front of a studio audience. "I can not tell you that I have not cut myself since treatment. I'm not perfect. This is a daily battle that I will face the rest of my life."

Demi spent three months at the treatment center Timberline Knolls to get help for her issues with bulimia, cutting and bipolar disorder. In the documentary, she took time to visit the rehabilitation facility and encourage the patients there.

"I just remember being 12, 13 and going through these issues alone," she said. "I didn't really have a celebrity or anybody in the public eye to look at and say well, 'if she got through this, then so can I.' I'm not fixed. This is a daily battle. But I continue to work my butt off because now I want to be a legitimate role model."

Fans also saw Demi heading home for Thanksgiving, and were privy to a performance of her inspirational hit 'Skyscraper.' Did you watch 'Demi Lovato: Stay Strong'? Tell us what you thought of the special in the comments below.

Get More: Music News


Demi's tattoos feature prominently in the special, find out the meaning behind her wrist tattoos in this archive video we premiered when Demi left treatment last year.